Skip to content
- Permaculture Principles and Design – food gardens, medicinal plants, and ethics.
- Planning for Sustainable Food Production – key aspects, tools, considerations, budget, and record keeping.
- Nutrition and Dietary Needs – importance and principles of nutrition, sources, balanced diet, hiv/aids nutrition, and under- nutrition.
- Trees and Shrubs – role of plants, planting, windbreaks, live fence, species, agro-forestry, and orchards.
- Vegetables and Crops – types, growing, seed multiplication, nutritional value of different vegetables.
- Herbs and Medicinal Plants – types, herbs for nutrition and medicinal purposes, preparing and storing herbs, and growing healthy herbs.
- Small Livestock – types and integration of livestock for crop farming.
- Soil Management – soil types, preparing the soil, mulching, composting,
- earthworms, crop rotation, and the different types of manure.
- Companion Planting – identifying crops that grow well together.
- Water management – water harvesting, water management, water conservation, grey water management, and irrigation techniques and technologies.
- Plant Propagation – sexual and asexual propagation, propagating fruit trees, seed germination, nursery establishment and management, bee keeping.
- Pest Management – manage pests, diseases and weeds in your garden – understanding pests, disease and weed management, design natural habitat for pest predators, inter-planting, natural sprays for specific pests, supportive strategies, helpful insects control pests, diseases, and weeds.
- Crop Harvesting – timing of harvesting, effective methods of harvesting.
- Seed saving – collection and storage, selection, saving, and importance of seed saving.
- Recipes and Food Preparation – ways of preparing food and key considerations when preparing specific foods.
- Green Building and Green Technologies – what is green building, different types of green building, and green technologies (water tanks, bio-gas digesters, and alternative energy sources).